Wednesday, May 9, 2007

New God of War game - God of War: Betrayal heading to cellphones



First it came to the PS2, than PSP and now... cellphones?! That's right. It's a 2-D sidescroller, being made by a completely different team.

Hands-on impression from Destructoid:

'Of course, it's not just graphics that really make cell phone titles work. The most important part is how they play -- something especially true for action games. What's crazy is that not only did the SOE team create a wonderfully familiar feel to God of War: Betrayal, but they did it in such a way that makes the game actually easy and intuitive to play on a cell phone.
The game takes many cues from its big brothers, whether it be pushing a directional button several times to move a statue or pushing in different directions to pull off a finishing move. In essence, the same kind of quality and excellent gameplay you get in the console version is absolutely perfectly translated to the cell phone.
I don't know about you, but I'm one to never download games to my phone. If I need mobile gaming, then I just whip out my DS or PSP. But, after seeing God of War: Betrayal, I can say without a doubt I will be downloading this thing.'





No comments: